Because of the diversity and number, it has become evident that bacteria play an important role in human health. Most of these bacteria are not harmful, and in fact contribute positively to normal growth and development. Some of the bacteria, however, can have negative influences as we talked about last time.
A healthy balance of the bacteria, favoring beneficial bacteria over potentially harmful bacteria, is essential to the proper functioning of all systems of the body.
Friendly bacteria strains can suppress harmful bacteria. They have been shown to improve intestinal tract health by aiding digestion and elimination, alleviating the symptoms of lactose intolerance, improving absorption of minerals and reducing toxins in the bloodstream, and improving immune function.
Friendly bacteria are needed to:
- Manufacture and assimilate B vitamin (niacin, biotin, folic acid, riboflavin & B-12)
- Produce digestive enzymes
- Detoxify toxic materials in the body
- Reduce unfriendly bacteria in the body
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce cholesterol in the blood
- Balance pH levels in the intestines (acid/alkaline balance)
- Assist in protection from colon irritation, constipation, and diarrhea
- Help with digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
- Produce natural anti-bacterial agents
- Detoxify chemicals added to foods
- Increase assimilation of calcium
- Retard yeast growth (especially Candida)
- Retard Candida infections, herpes
- Help eliminate bad breath, bloating and gas
What destroys natural friendly bacteria in the system?
- Antibiotics – kill not only the bad, but also the good bacteria in the body (this includes the antibiotics in meat and dairy products that we consume each day). Even one dose can kill all of the friendly bacteria.
- Steroid drugs – cortisone, hormonal birth control, laxatives.
- Alcohol – destroys enzymes and lacto bacteria.
- Coffee – destroys friendly bacteria.
- Anything that weakens the immune system also affects the balance of beneficial and harmful bacteria.
What encourages harmful bacteria in the intestines?
- Sugar – any foods containing white sugars and sugar substitutes.
- Gluten – any foods that contain gluten; breads, pastries, etc.
- Meat – feeds the bacillus coli (harmful bacteria) which then overrun the friendly bacteria.
- Any foods that use fermentation or molds in the production process.
What are the effects of an unhealthy balance of bacteria?
Some of the most common effects are diarrhea, digestive problems, lactose intolerance, hypertension, cancer, vaginitis, small bowel bacterial overgrowth, kidney stones, elevated blood cholesterol and allergies. The Solutions4 PROBIOTIC formula provides friendly bacteria, and using this formula as part of the Solutions4 Candida Program will help maintain a healthy level of friendly bacteria in the system to allow the body to keep yeasts under control.
Have questions about Dr. Augello’s Health and Body Makeover Candida Program? Send us an email at draugellowellness [at] gmail [dot] com! We are located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Probiotics important to increase immunity against diseases in children (bestprobiotic21.wordpress.com)
- Digestive Health (yourtonic.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways Your Bacterial Guests Improve Your Health (onegreenplanet.org)
- What is Candida? (draugellowellness.wordpress.com)
- Probiotics: The Key To A Healthy Body (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Fermented Foods: Top 5 Reasons to Eat Them (jp0420.wordpress.com)
- Delayed-Release Capsules Increase the Helpful Effect of Probiotics (markets.financialcontent.com)
- Implementing Friendly Bacteria (bestprobiotic21.wordpress.com)
- Probiotics important to increase immunity against diseases in children (mynutritionalneeds.wordpress.com)
- Implementing Friendly Bacteria (draugellowellness.wordpress.com)